GROW | HARVEST | DESIGN WORKSHOP
Come spend the day in Botanique’s Cutting Garden and Design Studio, for a full-day, introductory course on growing and arranging flowers! We’ll begin the day with a Cutting Garden tour, where Kelly Sullivan, owner, designer, flower grower and creative director of Botanique, will address considerations for planning, planting, tending and maintaining a Cutting Garden. Kelly will also share how, when and where to harvest flowers for maximum vase life, and to encourage plants to re-bloom and stay healthy throughout the season. You will then be set free in the garden with clippers in hand, invited to harvest a bucket full of your favorite flowers from the garden!
After lunch, we’ll regroup in Botanique’s studio for a design lesson, where you will learn how to create a beautiful, seasonal floral arrangement using the flowers you harvested earlier in the day. Kelly will guide you through the design process, and each participant will make their own arrangement to take home.
This class is intended for beginning and intermediate floral designers, home gardeners, and anyone who wants to learn more about the basics of growing and arranging flowers. Professional level floral designers and growers are welcome to attend, but advanced design and growing techniques will not be covered.
Registration will be capped at 12 participants. Early registration is advised. The garden portion of this workshop will take place outside, and there will be both indoor and outdoor (under a canopy) workspace during the design portion to accommodate a range of comfort levels regarding Covid.
WORKSHOP COST INCLUDES:
• A full day of flower growing and floral design instruction by Kelly Sullivan of Botanique
• An interactive tour of the Botanique Cutting Garden, with ample opportunity to address your burning questions about growing cut flowers
• All the flowers and materials to create your own gorgeous arrangement to take home at the end of the workshop
• An information packet including lots of helpful flower growing info to help you synthesize what you learn during the garden portion of the day.
• An opportunity to connect, have fun, be creative, and spend time with flowers and other flower-loving people
WHEN AND WHERE: Sunday, September 18th, 2022 from 9am-4pm at The Botanique Cutting Garden and Design Studio
INVESTMENT: $425 (early bird registration by 8/26/22) or $475 (regular price starting on 8/27/22)
SCHOLARSHIP INFO: We will be offering one full scholarship for this workshop to a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) applicant. To apply, please send an email to Kelly@botaniqueflowers.com with "SCHOLARSHIP- GROW/HARVEST/DESIGN" in the subject line. Please share one or two sentences about yourself and why you are interested in this workshop. DEADLINE to apply is 8/30/22 with recipient notified by 9/6/22.
PLEASE NOTE ALL WORKSHOP TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, THOUGH THEY ARE TRANSFERRABLE.